SCHOOL’S OUT FOR THE SUMMER! YAHOO!
No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher’s dirty looks…
Recognize the words? My bus driver played this song on the last day of school.
Hi! It’s Phoenix . . . again.
It’s Monday morning and I’m ready to go camping with Papak. I look forward to this week ALL year and now, it’s finally happening. Yesterday, I helped Papak haul up everything from the boat house and this morning, we’re packing the car.
Things I’m looking forward to:
- spending time with Papak
- staying up really late. Midnight late.
- eating junk food
- eating bacon stuffed hotdogs,wrapped in bacon (this is Papak’s and my specialty – I think it should be Canada’s national food!)
- more bacon
- seeing wildlife
- wearing a bathing suit for five days straight
- swimming in the waves in Georgian Bay
- whittling wood
- learning to cook (although I know how to make our specialty)
- storytelling at night when we have campfire (so it’s scarier)
- our fish and chip dinner
Things I’m NOT looking forward to:
- the long car ride to the campground
- carrying the HUGE suitcase that my mom packed for me. I call it the “duffle bag.”
- burning my finger, learning how to cook. I burned my finger last summer, trying to light the stove
- setting up our tent
- the chance of a thunder storm on Friday
- the outhouse
- packing up to come home
- when we run out of Ju-Jubes
Papak and I have been going on this “guys only” camping trip for the past five summers.
Papak says “NO GIRLS ALLOWED.”
Papak’s favourite part of the camping trip!
“The start of the drive. Getting in the truck and leaving. I also like sitting around the fire with Phoenie.”
Papak and I are checking out the campsite map and there’s a hiking trail to Lighthouse Point and there’s also bike trails and hopefully, we will catch some fish too because we’re taking the canoe.
I will post when I get home from the trip! Hope you have as great a week as I’m going to have!