I identify with these simple words —they definitely capture my spirit.
I explore “out there” but I nest “in here.” The older I get, the more balanced a place from where my joy comes. (I’m not convinced that the previous sentence is grammatically correct but it sounds so sophisticated, I’m keeping it!)
And then there’s homemade chai latte. 🙂
I am so thankful for all the simple joys of life.
Let me re-share with you the “stuff” that brings a smile to my face. I keep adding to the list!
- hugging my husband
- signing for the deaf and signing to worship
- speaking to women’s groups and tea one-on-one with a friend
- adventures with our grandson, Phoenie
- fresh laundry drying on the clothesline
- sitting on my big, blue pondering chair, reading the Bible
- popping bubble wrap
- red onions and green apples
- water walking in our lake
- back and neck massages
- Jelly Bellies (NOT buttered popcorn flavour)
- popping homegrown cherry tomatoes into my mouth
- the perfect cadence on my road bike
- the TV show, “Call the Midwife”
- blogging with Phoenie
- homemade Smoothies
- flannel sheets
- Tootsie Pops
- great quotes
- jumping waves
- checking off “To Do” lists
- newborn toes
- visiting garden nurseries in the spring – such a happy place to be!
- laughing until my stomach hurts
- funky silver bracelets
- crocheting blankets for people I love
- lying in bed, listening to the rain
- getting into “soft clothes” after a long day
- water balloon fights
- forehead kisses
- Post-it notes
- glorious sunsets
- homemade flannel blankets
- busy bookshelves
It’s going to be a scorcher of a day so Chris and I are heading out on our bikes as soon as he finishes watering the gardens.
Hope you have an awesome Saturday!